Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder Certification Exam – Overview
The Salesforce Platform App Builder credential is for people who want to showcase their talents and knowledge in developing, implementing, and deploying custom applications leveraging the Lightning Platform’s declarative customisation capabilities. Data models, application security, business logic, and process automation are among the skills that the candidate may design, maintain, and update.
There are some concepts you should understand to pass the exam, including the user interface, business logic, security, and data model designing for custom applications. The candidate also should know how to customise applications for mobile use, how to design reports and dashboards, and how to deploy custom applications.
World Class Learning Experience from Anywhere
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Exam Ideal Candidates
The Salesforce Platform App Builder certification is designed for someone with 6 months to 1 year of experience who has developed bespoke applications on the Lightning Platform and has applied the relevant skills on the Lightning Platform or a similar technological platform.
The experience, skills, and knowledge outlined below are expected from the Salesforce Platform App Builder candidates.
- Familiarity with the Lightning Platform’s capabilities
- An understanding of Salesforce licensing types and related considerations.
- Knowledge of designing applications to support business processes and reporting requirements.
- Awareness of the capabilities and customizations that can be used to improve the mobile user experience.
- Expertise with Salesforce’s development environments and the Lightning Platform’s options for deploying apps and managing changes.
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Exam Pattern
There are 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions on the exam, plus 5 unscored questions that have no impact on your final score. Applicants must complete the exam in 105 minutes, including time for unscored questions. Candidates are, however, asked to maintain strict discipline during the exam, with no exam materials to be referred to and no malpractices permitted. There are no specific prerequisites for the Salesforce Platform App Builder credential.
|Credentials||Salesforce Certified Experience Cloud Consultant Exam|
|Format||Multiple-choice / multiple-select questions|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Time Allotted||105 Minutes|
|Prerequisite||None (Need strict course attendance)|
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Exam Cost
The Salesforce Certified Experience Cloud Consultant Certification Exam costs $200 to register, plus any applicable taxes imposed by local law. You will be charged $100 plus any relevant taxes for a retake.
One of the advantages of having a Salesforce credential is that you’ll be informed about new product releases on a regular basis (updates). As a result, you’ll have to complete the Platform App Builder certification maintenance courses three times a year on Trailhead.
Don’t allow your hard-won qualification to slip through your fingers! By the deadline, complete all of the needed maintenance tasks.
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Exam Registration
The exam can be taken in person at a proctored location or online with a virtual proctor.
Onsite Proctored Center
The certification examinations are delivered by Kryterion, an onsite proctored facility, in conjunction with Salesforce. By logging into Kryterion, you can select your preferred location. Exam schedules are created by each center, and availability may differ. As a result, you should double-check the availability before scheduling your exam. It would be ideal if you could register for the exam at least 24-72 hours before the exam. Salesforce suggests enrolling for the exam at least one week in advance if you have a certain date and time in mind.
If you pick the Online Proctored option, you can take your certification exam from the convenience of your own home. At the time of the exam, a proctor will supervise it, and tests are accessible on a daily basis. You do not need to register in advance for the Online proctored option. On the same day that you register, you can also take the test.
To begin the registration procedure, create a profile in Webassessessor. For more information, go here.
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Exam Topics to Learn
The Salesforce Platform App Builder exam assesses a candidate’s knowledge and abilities in the areas listed below. The candidates should have enough hands-on experience developing custom apps on the Lightning Platform and have a thorough knowledge of the application of each of the features/functions below.
Salesforce Fundamentals: 23%
- Given a scenario, identify the boundaries of declarative customization and the use cases for programmatic customization.
- Identify common scenarios for extending an org using the AppExchange.
- Apply features and capabilities available to restrict and extend object, record, and field access.
- Given a set of business requirements, determine the appropriate sharing solution.
- Identify the features and capabilities available when creating reports, report types, and dashboards.
- Given a set of requirements, determine the appropriate global, object-specific actions and layouts to optimize the Salesforce mobile user experience.
- Describe the customizations and use cases for Chatter.
Data Modeling and Management: 22%
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate data model.
- Given a scenario, explain the capabilities of the various relationship types and the implications of each on record access, user interface, and reporting.
- Given a scenario, determine the considerations when selecting or changing a field data type.
- Explain the capabilities and considerations of the schema builder.
- Given a scenario, determine the options and considerations when importing and exporting data, including the capabilities of external data sources.
Business Logic and Process Automation: 28%
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the use of formula fields to meet stated business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities, use cases, and implications of roll-up summary fields.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the use of validation rules to meet stated business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities and use cases for approval processes.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities and use cases for workflow, Flow, and Process Builder.
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution to automate business processes while avoiding errors in automation.
User Interface: 17%
- Describe the user interface customization options.
- Demonstrate the capabilities and use cases for custom buttons, links, and actions.
- Given a scenario, determine the declarative options available for incorporating Lightning Components in an application.
- Describe the programmatic customizations available for incorporating custom Lightning Components in an application.
App Deployment: 10%
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution for key milestones and considerations when managing the application lifecycle and various types of Sandboxes.
- Given a use case, demonstrate knowledge, viability, and troubleshooting when using change sets.
- Describe the use cases and considerations when using unmanaged and managed packages.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate deployment plan.
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Exam Preparation Tips
The Salesforce Platform App Builder certification exam preparation tips provided in this article will help you successfully prepare for and pass the Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Exam.
1. Choose the Area to Focus
2. Get Familiar with the Exam Format
3. Self-paced Training with Trailhead
4. Get Hands-on Experience
5. Register for the Exam
6. Join a Genuine Cert Prep Platform
7. Join Communities
8. Attempt Practice Tests
9. Time Management
10. Be Confident
1. Choose the Area to Focus: Concentrate your efforts on the modules with the highest weighting, and learn and revise according to the weighting of the questions.
2. Get Familiar with the Exam Format: Before taking the exam, familiarise yourself with the format, questions, duration, time allotment, recommended resources, and so on.
3. Self-paced Training with Trailhead: Use Trailhead’s self-study materials along with superbadges such as Security Specialist, Process Automation Specialist, and App Customization Specialist for self-paced training to become an app builder and prepare for the Platform App Builder Certification Exam with proper certification preparation from saasguru.
4. Get Hands-on Experience: Try to obtain as much practical experience as possible before taking the exam, as this will help you remember all of the important aspects throughout the exam.
5. Register for the Exam: Register for the exam, set a convenient time for it, and then study for it. It’s a proven method for staying motivated and on track.
6. Join a Genuine Cert Prep Platform: After you believe you’ve mastered the fundamentals and built a solid foundation, check out a genuine training center. Join saasguru for thorough certification preparation. See how saasguru can help you achieve your certification goals by taking a look at the Salesforce Platform Developer App Training course.
7. Join Communities: You can join communities and build networks within the Salesforce ecosystem. To build a foothold in the sector, attend events and seminars. Join the saasguru Slack group for free and interact with learned professionals, seasoned Salesforce experts, and Salesforce aspirants.
8. Attempt Practice Tests: Practice as many questions as possible before the exam to become comfortable with the types, format, and difficulty level of the questions you can expect to see. This will help you plan your schedule and stress management.
9. Time Management: When taking the exam, pay close attention to the questions and keep track of your time. Answering each question should take no more than 90 seconds. Save the question for later if you’re stumped.
10. Be Confident: Do not panic. Remove any questions for which you can’t even make an educated guess. This will assist you in concentrating on what you already know.
To Sum Up
Join for saasguru training courses to get the best test preparation instruction from seasoned gurus and pass the Salesforce Certification exam on your first try.
In terms of focusing aspirants’ preparation on a tailored learning plan that best suits them, the learners-first approach has shown to be highly beneficial.
You can show your present or potential employers that you are committed to your professional development by earning the credentials. To ace your platform app builder cert, sign up with saasguru right now!
1. How much time should you devote to studying for the exam?
Before taking the exam, you should study for at least 1 to 2 months. You can reschedule or postpone your exam if you need additional time to study.
2. What does it take to become a Salesforce Platform App Builder and how much does it cost?
The registration fee for the Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder Certification Exam is $200, plus any relevant taxes. You will be charged $100 plus any applicable taxes for a retake.
3. What is the Exam Format for Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification?
The Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder Certification Exam has 60 questions, with 5 of them being unscored. The exam has a time limit of 105 minutes, and there are multiple-choice and multiple-select questions.
4. What is the passing score for the Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification exam?
The exam requires a score of 63% percent to pass.