Salesforce is the largest cloud computing service provider created to provide you with services that help build customer relationships and your apps and integrate with other systems.
So if you are an IT professional searching for some ideas to specialize in a niche area for lucrative career prospects, Salesforce is the natural choice for you.
The Salesforce certifications are clever ways to gain knowledge and skills in the most popular CRM platform in the world. Getting started with Salesforce feels more appropriate and essential than ever because end-users are increasing on the Salesforce platform. The organizations are facing a shortage of highly skilled Salesforce professionals.
Before learning how to get started with Salesforce, explore the Salesforce Admin Career Path, as it is the first step towards entering the Salesforce world.
Now, let us know a bit about the Salesforce platform to help you understand how to get started with it.
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce was established as a CRM platform, but it now integrates all customer touchpoints parts into a single platform with its continuous evolution. The platform deals with automation, marketing, customer service, and analytics for improvement and application development.
IT professionals can create highly personalized apps on the platform. Salesforce also provides a one-stop solution by allowing users to customize products according to customer needs and develop add-on-apps with the help of the lightning platform. Salesforce also offers several non-CRM services such as Health Cloud, Financial Cloud, IoT Cloud, etc.
With Salesforce, you can conduct your business from anywhere in the world. Salesforce provides standard features and products to handle customer relationships, engage and collaborate with partners and employees, and expand beyond the out-of-the-box functionalities.
Having read about the Salesforce platform, it is now time to see what career choices Salesforce provides to decide better how to start your career with Salesforce.
Most Demanding Salesforce Career Options
1. Salesforce Admin Career
Salesforce Admins are responsible for operational tasks such as repairing bugs, adding new functionality, educating new users, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Anyone who doesn’t come from the IT world can start a career as a Salesforce admin.
The roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce admin are vast, and it varies. But some general parts include customizing and optimizing the Salesforce platform to optimize the processes and workflows of the organization.
2. Salesforce Developer Career
The career option of Salesforce developer is for those who have a stronghold on coding and technical skills. The Salesforce developer is a technical profile, but it has more than programming responsibilities. Salesforce platform developers are professionals who design Salesforce applications. They work in collaboration with Sales and marketing teams. And they also look after debugging, testing, quality assurance, and user documentation.
3. Salesforce Consultant Career
The role of a Salesforce consultant involves tasks related to configuration and handling the entire project lifecycle. Salesforce Consultants optimize and execute Salesforce products and services in scalable and cost-effective ways. The only limiting factor in the job profile of the Salesforce Consultant is that it is difficult to grab it at an entry-level position. It is because most companies transfer the consultant job to admins or developers.
4. Salesforce Architect Career
The candidate requires a lot of knowledge and dedication for this job profile. Architects are responsible for effectively designing Salesforce, and they must understand the technical side, like coding strategies and declarative functionality. Salesforce architects are experts on the particulars of the solution’s internal operations.
5. Salesforce Cloud Specialist Career
The Salesforce Cloud Specialist is an expert in Salesforce cloud services like commerce, marketing, financial, industrial, etc. So organizations hire these professionals to manage their cloud systems and services.
But the two most important Salesforce job profiles are the Salesforce Admin and Salesforce Developer, to start with.
After clearly understanding some crucial Salesforce roles and opportunities, learn how to start with Salesforce.
How to Get Started With Salesforce?
If you are blown away by the popularity of the Salesforce platform and desire to start a lucrative career in Salesforce, you must be wondering what you can do to get started with the CRM platform. There are various ways to learn Salesforce, whether you desire an Admin job or a developer job. Explore the below-listed options to start your journey with Salesforce.
- Start by learning the basics of the coding languages used by the Salesforce platform. You can start with clearing your concepts of Apex and an overview of Salesforce. Secondly, start practicing and learning Java. After you clear your basics with Apex and Java, move on to SOQL.
- Take the next step with Trailhead. Trailhead is the best way to get started with Salesforce. Trailhead provides a full explanation of each module, and once you are done with the modules, you can try implementing them with the help of case studies. As a beginner, you must first complete the Admin Trailmix of Trailhead and then move on to the next one.
- Get some hands-on experience in Salesforce. The experience looks good on your CV, along with the certifications you earn. You can show your theoretical knowledge by designing some business apps for Salesforce. You can develop business apps in “Salesforce Developers Orgs.”If you don’t have any previous database experience or CRM experience, that is fine for a Salesforce admin job. But it would help if you have some basic knowledge of the coding languages.
- Get certified when you gather enough skills, experience, and knowledge of Salesforce. Start with obtaining the certification of Salesforce Admin and then focus on Salesforce developer certification.
- A lot of aspirants underestimate the power of a polished LinkedIn profile. Numerous recruiters are searching for Salesforce professionals on LinkedIn. So, make sure you update your profile as you move forward in the Salesforce journey.
- You will understand the actual game when you connect with other people in the Salesforce world. So, one of the most crucial steps of getting started with Salesforce is to join developer forums, #Askforce, “Topcoder,” etc. Try to reply to the questions posted on these forums every day.
- Lastly, practice as much as you can by giving mock exams and practice tests. Another best way to learn and practice is finishing identification on Trailhead. Trailhead is a fun way of learning.
To Sum Up
Having read about the crucial steps to follow to start your Salesforce career, as a next critical step, join the saasguru Salesforce training course and move one step closer to getting started with Salesforce. So, instead of getting stuck in an inflated economy, practice Salesforce by giving mock exams on saasguru and connect with the Salesforce world on saasguru Slack Community.
1. Is Salesforce easy to learn for beginners?
Even though the Salesforce platform is vast and extensive, it is not tough to understand. As a beginner, if you learn with dedication and the correct strategy, you can learn Salesforce in as little as two weeks.
2. How do I start with Salesforce?
As a beginner, it is crucial to understand the basic concepts of Salesforce. And to understand it, you don’t have to go any further because Salesforce provides its guiding platform, Trailhead. Aim for the Salesforce Admin exam and start your Salesforce journey with Trailhead and an online course that comes with practice exams.
3. How long does it take to learn Salesforce?
A little technical knowledge might help the learners get started with Salesforce. But it does not take much time to understand and learn Salesforce for beginners. All you need to do is learn from Trailhead modules and give as many practice exams as possible. And you will be cert ready in just two to three weeks.