AWS Certified Solutions Architect Certification Exam- Overview
The AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification exam proves the candidate’s technical skills in deploying and developing fault-tolerant, available, and scalable systems on the AWS platform.
The AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification exam is one of the most popular cloud certification exams resulting in the professionals’ better salary, quicker promotions, and in-depth understanding of the AWS platform.
Amazon contributes approximately 31% market share in the cloud market, becoming the preferable organisation giving rise to a massive demand for AWS-certified professionals. The most in-demand talents in the IT industry are those held by those with AWS Certifications.
The AWS SAA C02 exam guide will help you understand the basics of certification exam preparation. Based on the AWS SAA C02 study guide, you can strategize your preparation.
Prerequisites For Taking the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification Exam
It is essential to know everything about the prerequisites for the AWS SAA exam to know the level of difficulty of the certification exam. Among the numerous roles and responsibilities, the most crucial task of the AWS Solutions Architects is to deploy the applications in the AWS cloud infrastructure.
The Solutions Architects are also responsible for creating designs that decrease costs and address the crucial issues of usability, scalability, reliability, and performance.
Apart from the technical responsibilities, the Solutions Architect also focuses on minimising the risks like data breaches, calculation errors, and application downtime.
Use Coupon Code BLOG20 to avail flat 20% discount on saasguru Programs.
The AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification exam allows you to perform tasks like:-
- Be the guard of the AWS-architected framework pillars to ensure best practices by the customers and recommend procedures regarding the deployment of cloud solutions.
- Create cloud-native app architecture and deliver the solutions that are built using the native services of the AWS platform, ensuring customer needs, scalability, and availability.
- Design the operating environment and infrastructure for container-based microservices keeping in mind the availability, scalability, security needs, and performance.
- Build projects with Continuous Deployment (CD), Continuous Integration (CI) practices, and toolsets like it.
So, before you take the exam, it is required that you fulfill the below listed criteria:-
- Hands-on experience of one year on AWS technology, like experience in working on storage, network, and deployment of AWS management services.
- Experience in handling, deploying, and operating workloads on AWS.
- Experience in executing service controls and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with using both AWS Command Line and AWS Console.
- Knowledge of the AWS well-architected framework.
- Ability to find AWS services suitable for a particular technical requirement.
AWS Solutions Architect Associate Exam Pattern
The AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification exam aims to test the candidates who can efficiently perform the role of Solutions Architect and have work experience of more than one year. The certification exam demands the candidate to have hands-on experience managing the company’s cloud computing infrastructure and creating fault-tolerant and cost-efficient solutions on the AWS platform.
The exam has 65 multiple-choice questions, which should be answered in 130 minutes. The passing score for the AWS SAA exam is 72%.
Consider the following topics as the focused area of the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification exam:-
- Designing Resilient Architectures
- Networking and Computing
- Storage, Databases, and Migration
- High Availability and Scalability
- Application Services
- Logging and Security
|Credentials||AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate|
|Format||Multiple type questions|
|Number of Questions||65|
|Time Allotted||130 minutes|
|Prerequisites||Hands-on experience in designing applications on AWS|
Before starting your certification preparation, you must go through the syllabus of the AWS SAA exam and strategise your preparation accordingly.
Explore the details of the AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam fee below.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Exam Cost
Candidates who have completed the foundation course for the AWS SAA certification exam and have tested their preparation by giving mock exams shall sit for the AWS SAA certification exam.
The fee for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification exam is $150. If you wish to give the AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification exam, you must pay $300.
Registration for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification Exam
Follow the procedure mentioned below to schedule your AWS SAA certification exam:-
- Go to aws.amazon.com/certification/
- Search for the AWS SAA exam option, and click on “Architect.”
- For registration, click on “Register” and then on the “AWS Certification Account.”
- Log in using your AWS account credentials or create a new account if you don’t have any.
- Find the option of scheduling the exam by scrolling down the page, clicking on “Schedule Exam,” and then clicking on “Continue.”
- You will see the option of selecting language and region. Select your language and check your region.
- Choose the month of the certification exam and search for the exam centre by clicking on “Search.”
- Select the exam centre in the region that is most convenient for you. And choose the date available for the selected exam centre, then press “Continue.”
- The last step will require you to pay the examination fee. After successfully making the payment, you will officially be registered for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification exam.
Use Coupon Code BLOG20 to avail flat 20% discount on saasguru Programs.
AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification Exam Syllabus
The AWS SAA certification exam will test your skills, abilities, and knowledge based on specific topics and concepts defined in the syllabus. Each topic contributes to a specific percentage of the overall exam. Consider the following topics of the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Syllabus:-
- Designing resilient architectures: 30%
- Designing high-performing architectures: 28%
- Developing secure applications and architectures: 24%
- Designing cost-optimised architectures: 18%
AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification Exam Preparation Tips
Before deciding about taking the AWS SAA certification exam, exploring your interests and options would be helpful. It would help you in making an informed decision. Once you decide about earning the AWS SAA certification and building a career in the AWS world, consider the following tips for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam preparation:-
- Go through the exam guide and the AWS SAA certification exam syllabus. Utilise the resources provided by AWS to explore the details of services provided by AWS. It will help you understand the platform and how to use the services to satisfy use cases. But it can seem overwhelming in the beginning. But once you familiarise yourself with the syllabus and exam pattern, learning about the AWS services will become easier.
- Practice and read AWS Whitepapers. Read the AWS Whitepapers in detail, and make sure you understand and take notes. The Whitepapers will help you find out the gaps in your certification preparation and give you a detailed understanding of the certification and exam.
- Enroll in an online AWS training course. Grasping important information about the topics mentioned in the syllabus by studying the course created by a professional will help you greatly. It will give you a clear understanding of all the fundamental concepts and a chance to connect with fellow learners and discuss them. Joining an online course means you will stay tuned with fellow learners. It will take away the boredom and keep you motivated.
- Once you are done studying the fundamental concepts and all the syllabus topics, practice your knowledge by giving practice exams. Take practice exams seriously and consider them representative of the actual exam. So, it will give you a clear picture of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Gain experience by working on Solutions Architect projects. It will help you understand the platform practically, and you will be able to volunteer for various future projects.
While preparing for the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification exam, working on your soft skills is essential too. So, utilise this study guide to strategise your AWS SAA exam preparation and start your AWS SAA journey with saasguru to receive the best study content and preparation tips.