SG: Let’s get started. Why don’t we start from the beginning? Please tell us about your education/ career before entering the Salesforce ecosystem.
JN: I ran my own vinyl car wrap business for 4 years while working at a call center before finally moving into the Salesforce industry.
SG: That’s awesome. Now we would love to know what was the tipping point when you said, “I want to make this change,” and what was the trigger for that?
JN: The tipping point was when I realized the clear path that Salesforce offered and the amount of money you could make in your career. I stayed because I loved communicating with users, solving problems, and being creative in how we solved those problems.
SG: You achieved many certs along the way. Can you share three things with us?
1. Why do you value certificates?
2. What are the challenges associated with the process?
3. What are your top tips for being successful in cert exams?
Use Coupon Code BLOG20 to avail flat 20% discount on saasguru Programs.
JN: Ya sure.
- Certificates are a great way to find the best practices, so you will be updated with the latest features and help us stand apart from those who have not attained any certificates, as it validates our knowledge.
- The major challenge we face is the mental challenge of sitting down for at least 90 minutes, reading scenario-based questions back to back, and recalling the information we learned.
- Use outside resources like focus on force. I’d recommend buying the practice tests and attempting the tests very often so you can get a benchmark of what you need to study and where to put more focus on.
SG: What do you enjoy most about your work as a certified Salesforce professional?
JN: I really enjoy being able to talk with many people on a day-to-day basis and identify their pain points and solve them in a creative way for them.
SG: Time for gratitude!! Finally, is there anyone (individual or company) that you would like to take this opportunity to thank for their role in helping you along your journey? If Yes, what was their role in your success?
JN: I’d like to thank Podium (company) since they were the first ones to offer me a job as a Salesforce Admin. I had a great team at that time who were patient and supportive in helping me learn more about it after I was hired and helped me to find success throughout my Salesforce journey.