Flashcards, particularly in their digital forms, are among the most effective learning aids, but they can also be ineffective if not used correctly. Flashcards help grasp study topics with a lot of information to remember, better than nearly anything else. They can be effective because recall and spacing are essential aspects of memory, and this is a powerful tool that helps us memorize certain reading materials. Although Mnemonics are popular, flashcards are likely to be more effective for medium to long-term learning.
Salesforce Admin Flashcards: Is this Learning Tool Effective?
Flashcards are also a great way to squander time if they’re not used appropriately. You can waste valuable time memorizing something you don’t need to remember, or you can forget the vital things you do need to remember. Keeping this in mind, the Salesforce Admin certification program offered by saasguru provide its learners with personalized study plans, including flashcards with bite-sized information created by our team of professional gurus who are well versed in the key topics when it comes to preparing for any Salesforce certification.
Let’s talk about the perks of using flashcards and a few things we need to be mindful of.
Advantages of Flashcards
To use flashcards effectively, one must understand how it works and their benefits.
- Simple retrieval practice is how flashcards work, this means that on one side of the flashcard, there will be a question related to the topic, and on the other side, the answer is provided. You need to build the cognitive link in your mind by recollecting the answer before checking for the solution at the back. saasguru came up with the notion to give this vital, bite-sized information in flashcards, which are related to the study plan framework, after interacting with its learners.
- Learners can use flashcards to engage with knowledge, making it easier to remember. Furthermore, flashcards are purposefully designed to increase and stimulate active recall, resulting in a stronger neural link in the brain, making it a highly effective approach for memory improvement.
- Retrieval practice is widely recognized as among the most efficient studying techniques. Although studying through flashcards isn’t the only way to practice recollection, it is an effective method for topics with many facts.
- Spaced Repetition, a scientifically established learning strategy, is practiced with flashcards. Newer and more complex flashcards are shown more frequently to take advantage of the psychological spacing effect, whereas older and less challenging flashcards are not shown as often.
- It is recommended that giving flashcards a shot while learning any memory-intensive topics has proven that they are substantially more significant than the passive studying strategies commonly used by pupils.
Things to be mindful of when using flashcards
While using flashcards, there are a few significant mistakes you can make.
- A common mistake is replacing understanding a specific topic with memorization. For example, using flashcards to memorize technical or scientific topics replaces the difficulty of learning concepts requiring deep knowledge.
- Sometimes store-bought or pre-made flashcards can come with terrible designs. This is not only demotivating, but it throws one-off from effective learning.
- Flashcards should contain questions that are as simple as possible. Flashcards aren’t ideal for solving complex problems and it’s preferable to break down complex tasks into numerous steps
It might be overwhelming for any learner at the beginning of your preparation, but it will be much more manageable once you break it down into different tasks and sections. Check our Ultimate Salesforce Admin Exam Guide Now!
To Sum Up
While preparing for your certifications using flashcards, it is advised to find them from a reliable source and check if it’s updated. That way, you learn all the critical study topics without wasting time.
saasguru offers various Salesforce cert programs that come with personalized study plans, including flashcards curated by our gurus who are well-versed in the essential materials needed to remember before taking the exam. This results in an interactive and fun way of learning, making it an effective way to improve memory.