Amazon Web Services (also known as “AWS”) is Amazon’s cloud computing platform, and it’s taking the world by storm!
AWS is considered the world’s most sophisticated and generally widely accepted cloud platform, delivering over 200 fully-featured services from data centres worldwide. AWS is trusted by millions of customers, including rising startups, Fortune 500 companies, and top government agencies, to drive down costs, promote agility, and enhance productivity.
This certificate assists businesses in identifying and developing professionals with essential cloud implementation experience. The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner credential validates AWS basics and cloud fluency.
Employers find qualified workers to drive AWS cloud initiatives, and learners gain credibility and confidence by showcasing their cloud experience with an industry-recognized credential. Organizations are looking for people with cloud capabilities to assist them in altering their businesses. AWS Certification and Training aid you enhance your skills to get the most out of the cloud.
AWS certifications validate a candidate’s expertise in the AWS Cloud. There are 11 AWS certifications to choose from, divided into four levels. The Foundational certification is known as the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.
Three certifications come under the Associate Certification level.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Developer
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
The two certifications coming under the Professional Certifications are,
- AWS Solutions Architect
- AWS DevOps Engineer
Finally, the specialized technical expertise can be proved by clearing the AWS Cloud with Specialty Certifications. There are five Specialty certifications:
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking
- AWS Certified Big Data
- AWS Certified Security
- AWS Certified Machine Learning
- AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder
What does it mean to be an AWS Cloud Practitioner?
The AWS Cloud Practitioner certification credential is AWS’s most fundamental certification test. The credential will provide the aspirants with a general overview of the AWS cloud platform. The certification covers AWS’ fundamental services, such as security, network, cloud pricing, and support services. The certification examinations in Big Data and Advanced Networking both require this Amazon Cloud Practitioner certification.
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner test is highly beneficial to anyone seeking a career in the cloud, even if they haven’t made up their minds yet. Given the growing popularity of cloud computing, being able to demonstrate your cloud knowledge could be advantageous.
The test evaluates the skills and knowledge of those who can exhibit all AWS cloud functions, regardless of technical roles. Let’s have a look at what this accreditation implies.
- The certification demonstrates that you can define the AWS Cloud and explain AWS’s core global infrastructure.
- The certification demonstrates that you can articulate the AWS Cloud architecture principles, value proposition, as well as security and compliance issues.
- The certification will assist you in understanding the most prominent use cases of fundamental AWS services, as well as explaining account management, billing, and pricing models.
- The certification shows that you’re familiar with various documentation resources, such as AWS’s white papers for technical documentation and how to file support tickets, and more.
Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam Pre-requisites
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam is for anyone who has a basic knowledge of the AWS platform. Before taking this test, you should review the below requirements.
- AWS Cloud experience for six months.
- Basic knowledge of IT services and how to use them on the Amazon Web Services Cloud platform.
- Knowledge of AWS’ main services and use cases, as well as how they could affect your organisation.
Explore about AWS Cloud Practitioner prerequisites in detail here.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials
The Essentials course is for anyone who would like to learn about the Amazon Web Services Cloud in general, rather than for specialised technical roles. You’ll study AWS Cloud ideas, AWS services, security, support, architecture, and pricing, to broaden your AWS Cloud knowledge. In addition, this course will aid you in preparing for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification credential.
The course level is fundamental as it covers the basic concepts and hence the duration is only 6 hours. The target audience of this course is AWS Academy students, IT-related professionals, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Business analysts, and Project managers. The minimal requirements for the Essentials course are General IT business knowledge and General IT technical expertise.
The course covers everything from the basic definition of AWS to distinguishing between on-premises, hybrid cloud, and all-in cloud deployments, as well as the benefits and fundamental AWS services. From identifying potential solutions based on use cases using AWS Cloud services to creating the basic billing, account management, and pricing models are also covered.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam Overview
The Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam is a foundational level exam for which the cost is 100USD. You will have 90 minutes to complete the test, during which you will attempt 65 questions. The passing score of the exam is 700/1000, and the exam is available in different languages.
Now, take a close look at it below.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam Syllabus
The following Cloud Practitioner topics should be addressed when studying for the certification exam:
- Billing and pricing
With about 36% of the exam content devoted to technology, it is one of the most critical sections to prepare for the Amazon Cloud Practitioner certification exam. To become an expert in this part, you must have a thorough understanding of AWS’ key services. S3, EC2, AWS Lambda, ELB, SNS, Route 53, RDS, and other concepts are among those you’ll need to master.
You must have a basic understanding of Cloud Computing topics to pass the certification exam. Questions in this domain cover many topics that require a higher-level grasp of cloud concepts, including scalability, elasticity, fault tolerance, and high availability. Cloud accounts for about 28% of the exam content.
Another important topic for which you should extensively prepare before taking the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification exam is security. The test includes several questions on compliance, culpable management, and security. Cloud logs, DDoS protection, shared security model, MFA, password regulations, IAM-managing users, and other subjects. This section account for 24% of the exam.
Billing and Pricing
Questions on billing and pricing make up 12% of the exam. Because the exam focuses on AWS business apps, you must be familiar with this topic. To pass this certification exam, you must have a solid understanding of AWS support, general accounting, service cost calculation, and more.
Explore the updated & detailed AWS Cloud Practitioner syllabus here.
How to Schedule the Exam?
First, you need to create an AWS Certification Account before scheduling the certification exam. Single sign-on (SSO) authentication from your AWS Training Account is used by your AWS Certification Account. Go to aws.training, click the Sign In icon in the top right corner, and create an account, if you have not created one.
Once you have signed in to your account, go to the top navigation and pick up Certification. You will need to fill in some data on your demography. While filling out this information, double-check that your first name and last name match the first and last names on the identification you’ll need to submit during your exam appointment. If the names aren’t the same, you won’t be able to take the exam.
AWS Certification tests are now offered by Pearson VUE and PSI, two test providers. Candidates can choose the best provider according to their location, whether they are choosing an online proctor or testing centre), and desired policies. To complete an online-proctored appointment, you must communicate with a proctor. Pearson VUE and PSI both provide English online proctoring. PSI allows online proctoring in Mandarin in addition to English, while Pearson VUE offers online proctoring in Japanese.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Jobs and Salary Structure
AWS Cloud Practitioner certified professionals are high in demand despite this being the fundamental credential. The top multi-national companies in the world are on the lookout for professionals who have a deep knowledge of the fundamentals of the AWS platform. Some of the job roles include:
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Cloud Engineer
- Cloud and Systems Engineer
- AWS Cloud Engineering Manager
- Global Account Manager
- Cloud Optimization Consultant
- Cloud Security Architect
And the salary structure of AWS Cloud Practitioner certified professionals ranges from an average of US$73,997–US$125,304 per year, as per the Glassdoor review.
Explore the average salary of AWS Cloud Practitioner under different job roles in India here.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Preparation Tips
To prepare for and clear this certification is not an easy task if you have not prepared well. An aspirant will surely give extra time and effort no matter what to clear this exam with decent marks. Here are some AWS Cloud Practitioner test recommendations to help you pass the exam.
- Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Guides provide a complete understanding of the exam and an in-depth understanding of the key modules you must master. So, get yourself well familiarized with a well-curated Exam Guide that will guide you through the whole process.
- Understanding the syllabus is another crucial point as the weighting of each section plays a vital role in this certification exam. The entire syllabus should be covered while preparing for the certification exam to get a good score.
- One of the most significant ways to test whether you are prepared enough for the exam is to take plenty of practice tests before the actual certification exam. The practice tests that mirror the actual exam identify the area you have to focus on.
- Networking and finding people with similar interests is another approach to prepare for the exam. Such aspirants find the best ways to learn and clear the exam with the best insights shared among the group.
- Enroll in some genuine AWS Training courses online like saasguru with 1:1 mentoring to get your doubts cleared on the go. To get a thorough understanding of all the concepts and focus on where you want a deep study requires guidance from a seasoned professional.
- A good study plan should be devised ahead of time. Calculate how much time you’ll be able to devote to exam preparation every day. When creating a schedule, keep in mind the number of topics left to prepare, your employment commitments, whether you’ll be preparing full-time or part-time, and your other obligations.
- Flashcards are pretty helpful when preparing for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification exam. It is considered to be one of the most promising memory techniques. It creates important cerebral pathways that allow you to recall what you’ve learnt at a later time. Always build your own flashcards or enrol to saasguru, as this allows you to customise them.
Become a Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner
After reading this blog, you might have a reasonably good understanding of the processes you need to take to prepare for and clear the exam. Enroll in our training programme to learn the required skills and work toward becoming an AWS professional. Sign up with saasguru, Now!
Use Coupon Code BLOG20 to avail flat 20% discount on saasguru Programs.