“The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer 1 certification is designed for individuals with knowledge, skills, and experience building personalized applications on the Lightning Platform”.
This certification covers the Lightning Platform’s basic programmatic capabilities for creating custom business logic and interfaces to expand Salesforce using Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning Components. To achieve this, a candidate must pass the Salesforce Platform Developer I test. The Salesforce Platform Developer I Multiple Choice test is also a prerequisite for the Salesforce Platform Developer II Multiple Choice exam.
World Class Learning Experience from Anywhere
Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Exam Overview
This exam is intended to assist you in determining whether you are prepared to pass the Salesforce Platform Developer I exam. To increase your chances of passing the exam, Salesforce suggests combining on-the-job experience, course participation, and self-study.
Updated Syllabus for Salesforce Platform Developer 1
The Salesforce Platform Developer 1 exam assesses the candidates knowledge and abilities in the areas listed below. The exam outline includes six modules, and the percentage of questions asked varies from each module.
Salesforce Fundamentals: 7%
- Describe the considerations and follow best practices when developing in a multi-tenant environment.
- Understand design frameworks, such as MVC architecture and Lightning Component Framework, and how to build applications using both declarative and programmatic tools.
- Given a scenario, identify common use cases for declarative versus programmatic customizations.
Data Modelling and Management – 13%
- Given a set of requirements, determine, create, and access the appropriate data model, including objects, fields, and relationships.
- Describe the capabilities of the various relationship types and custom IDs and the implications of each on record access and development.
- Describe the options for and considerations when importing and exporting data into development environments.
- Describe the capabilities and use cases for formula fields and roll-up summary fields.
Logic and Process Automation – 40%
- Describe the capabilities of the declarative process automation features.
- Declare variables, constants, methods, and use modifiers and interfaces in Apex.
- Given a scenario, use and apply Apex control flow statements.
- Given a scenario, write SOSL, SOQL, and DML statements in Apex.
- Given a use case and following best practices, write Apex classes and triggers and use Apex interfaces.
- Given a scenario, identify the implications of governor limits on Apex transactions.
- Describe the relationship between Apex transactions, the save order of execution, and the potential for recursion and/or cascading.
- Implement exception handling in Apex, including custom exceptions as needed.
- Use programmatic techniques to prevent security vulnerabilities.
- Given a scenario, use declarative functionality and Apex together to automate business logic.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate publish/subscribe logic for platform events.
User Interface – 23%
- Given a scenario, display content or modify Salesforce data using a Visualforce page and the appropriate controllers or extensions as needed.
- Incorporate Visualforce pages into Lightning Platform applications.
- Describe the Lightning Component framework, its benefits, and the types of content that can be contained in a Lightning web component.
- Given a scenario, prevent user interface and data access security vulnerabilities.
- Given a scenario, display and use a custom user interface component, including Lightning Components, Flow, and Visualforce.
- Describe the use cases for Lightning Web Component or Aura Component events.
- Given a user interface requirement, describe interactions between Apex and various types of page components, including Lightning Components, Flow, Next Best Actions, etc.
Testing, debugging and deployment tools – 17%
- Write and execute tests for triggers, controllers, classes, flows, and processes using various sources of test data.
- Describe the use cases for invoking Apex anonymous code and Apex unit tests.
- Describe the Salesforce Developer tools such as Salesforce DX, Salesforce CLI, and Developer Console, and when to use them.
- Describe how to approach debugging system issues and monitoring flows, processes, and asynchronous and batch jobs, etc.
- Describe the environments, requirements, and process for deploying code and associated configurations.
Click here for the ultimate platform developer 1 study guide – explore the updated PD1 exam syllabus, exam pattern, certification cost, registration & preparation tips.
Use Coupon Code BLOG20 to avail flat 20% discount on saasguru Programs.
Once you have signed up for Salesforce Developer PD1 Certificaiton with saasguru and you feel confident of the materials you possess, you can carefully structure your study schedule and revise thoroughly. It’s advised to take as many mock exams as possible with saasguru, and brush up on the areas that you are weak at. This ensures that you pass your certification examinations with flying colours.
Do check out our Salesforce certification courses. We are here to give you practical exposure with the help of our best gurus.
Explore about saasguru’s Salesforce learning app which is focused on increasing the skillsets of individuals and companies in preparation for Salesforce certification exams.
All the very best!
1. How do I prepare for the Salesforce Developer exam?
Follow the exam instructions and take as many practice tests as possible to prepare for the Salesforce platform developer 1 certification exam. Pick a saasguru certification training program after completing the Trailhead modules and attempt mock tests. Give the exam after you’re confident that you’ve covered all essential topics.
Which topics are included in the Platform Developer 1 exam?
The topics included in the Platform Developer 1 exam are:
- Salesforce Fundamentals 7%
- Data Modelling and Management 13%
- Logic and Process Automation 40%
- User Interface 23%
- Testing, debugging and Deployment Tools 17%
3. How many questions are there in the Salesforce PD1 exam?
The total number of questions in the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 exam is 60.