The global pandemic has created many significant setbacks in the job market, but despite this, Salesforce has become a popular job. The current job demand in the Salesforce ecosystem is predicted to create 3.3 million jobs by 2022, according to the IDC study guide. The Salesforce administrator job role is predicted to be the most excellent career choice as it is one of the most lucrative salesforce job positions. If you wish for a career that guarantees both stability and fast-paced growth, salesforce admin is going to be your perfect choice.
You need to have a thorough understanding of the platform to succeed as a Salesforce administrator. You should also be willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
What Does a Salesforce Administrator Do?
Luckily, the Salesforce Admin position doesn’t require technical knowledge at all. Anyone passionate about learning an in-demand platform can jump into Salesforce as it ensures a smooth and successful career ahead.
They do responsibilities such as generating user accounts, managing sales databases, teaching personnel on how to utilise Salesforce products effectively, and analysing reports and dashboards to ensure that departments run smoothly. They also help people configure services, manage their Salesforce applications, examine and debug errors that affect the smooth functioning of the work, and run regular backups. The position necessitates a mix of marketing, sales, service, HR, and finance knowledge.
Let us check out some major roles that the Salesforce Admins handle.
- Handle the Salesforce tools effectively.
- Implement changes for a productive business process.
- Salesforce roles, sharing rules, workflows, and profile management.
- Error reports and field history table updates.
- Install Salesforce.com’s High-Priority Updates.
- Check for data accessibility limitations on user accounts.
- All executive functions, including user accounts, records, and dashboard management.
- Organize the evaluation, extension, and conclusion of new development requests.
- Prepare reports for sales and other departments.
- Document all reports to Field History Tables.
- Acts as a bridge between programme developers, business people, and users.
- All technology resources related to sales and data entry into Salesforce handling.
- Provide new users with training to prepare them to participate in Salesforce-related processes.
Do You Think You Can Become a Salesforce Admin?
If you have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, that would be ideal. However, a passion for a technical career would be sufficient to aspire to the Salesforce Admin career. It is desired, but not required, that you have at least two years of Salesforce Administrator experience. But keeping all these aside, what matters the most is a Salesforce Admin certification, which is very relevant in today’s competitive world.
Identifying the best platform available for the training is mandatory as it provides a significant difference in the quality and time you clear the certification. Learn more about our personalized admin certification training at saasguru.
Why is the Salesforce Admin Position Relevant in a Company?
Salesforce administrator responsibilities encompass multi-tasking, which is essentially a combination of people skills and technical skills.
Let’s quickly check out some of the basic skills required for this position.
- Email marketing expertise.
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems.
- Understanding of Conversion rate optimization
- Data management skills
- Expertise in handling Salesforce upgrades
- Ability to maintain Salesforce databases
- Thorough knowledge of Salesforce products and their functionalities
- Proficiency in creating Salesforce profiles, allocating roles, and managing records.
- Knowledge of collecting sales data and generating Salesforce reports
- Ability to provide end-user support and Salesforce training.
Non-technical skills include:
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Project Management skills
- Business Analysis skills
Salesforce Administrators collaborate with the stakeholders to customise the platform by determining the system needs. They enable the users to get the most out of Salesforce technology. A Salesforce Admin is the one who knows the most about how to leverage the Salesforce platform to yield results for their company.
Career Opportunities and Pay Structure
Demand for database administrators, particularly Salesforce administrators, is expected to grow 11% through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The undeniable part played by a salesforce administrator for executing successful business has increased the scope and opportunities of the position. According to Forbes, the need for Salesforce specialists and how they can take any firm to the next level has surged in the previous two years, resulting in an increase in the number of opportunities for a Salesforce Administrator position. Admin jobs offer, as any other jobs, the freedom to choose from full-time, part-time, and freelance employment options.
Salesforce administrators make an average base salary of $62,504. At the low end of the scale, $45,000 is earned, while at the high end, $89,000 is earned.
The key factors which can influence your salary are:
- Work location
- Skills & knowledge
- Company type, size, scale, industry
- Salesforce Admin Training & certification
- Resume & interview preparation
- The seniority or experience level
The pay structure of Salesforce professionals itself shows its demand, although there are different factors affecting the salary range. Get to know more about the pay scale of Salesforce Admins and how different factors influence its variations.
Get Certified as a Salesforce Administrator
“Challenge yourself. It’s the only path which leads to success”, says Morgan Freeman.
Never demotivate yourself by thinking about the hurdles you need to cross to become a Salesforce Admin successfully. Take the first step and just leap into your path towards Salesforce certifications, as the companies are looking for certified Salesforce professionals no matter what. Salesforce recommends a mixture of training, study materials, and hands-on experience to prepare for the certification. And here we stand with perfectly curated materials at saasguru, combining deep tech with 1-1 mentoring by our gurus to provide an unmatched experience and success rate for our learners. Sign up with saasguru, Now!