When you think about starting a career in Salesforce, the first question that comes to your mind is whether earning the Salesforce certification is necessary to make space for yourself in the Salesforce ecosystem.
This guide is here to clear your doubts regarding the value of Salesforce certification and how you can enhance your skills and knowledge to land a job in the Salesforce ecosystem.
It is essential to learn whether earning the Salesforce certification is worth it. Learning about the worth of Salesforce certification will help you decide whether a certificate is necessary for a Salesforce job or not.
Every other organization in the world is using Salesforce. To save time and energy, they want to ensure that they hire someone who knows the platform and can deliver the solutions effectively on time. So, the demand for certified Salesforce professionals is increasing, and it will increase further.
Use Coupon Code BLOG20 to avail flat 20% discount on saasguru Programs.
Read the following points to understand the worth of Salesforce certification:-
- It is a well-known fact that Salesforce is broadening its base and ecosystem because of the growing use of Salesforce technology. In today’s time, if you earn a Salesforce certification, it would mean that you are updated about the latest technologies and changes. So, the certification will prove that you have the knowledge and are also well aware of all that is happening in the IT and CRM world.
- Certifications are proof of your expertise instead of some lines and words in your resume. It also shows your dedication and passion for the Salesforce platform. Because preparing for the Salesforce cert exam requires a lot of hard work and the desire to know the platform from the basics. Therefore, earning the Salesforce certification adds to your expertise and helps you gain respect in the ecosystem.
- The competition in the IT industry is very high, and seeing the aftermath of the pandemic and how every organization strives to protect its data with the best technology available. The Salesforce certification will boost the competitive world to speed up your career in promotions, higher salaries, and challenging and exciting projects.
- If you are already working in a company and wish to optimize and organize their Salesforce, become a ‘Salesforce hero’ and obtain the certification. Your certification will help you and your company work to grow and utilize the true potential of cloud computing.
Having read about the importance of Salesforce certification, let us move on to know if the certification is necessary to get a job in Salesforce.
Is a Salesforce Certification Necessary to Land a Job in Salesforce?
The Salesforce certifications do not guarantee a job but give the advantage of proving that you are taking things seriously and making you familiar with Salesforce. Certification shows that you are aware of an inevitable part of Salesforce. It’s not mandatory but having certification gives you a good advantage.
If you are a beginner, earning a Salesforce certification will give you confidence and the basic knowledge required to enter the Salesforce ecosystem. At the same time, the recruiter will also feel confident while hiring you.
Earning a Salesforce certification involves earning badges and superbadges on Trailhead. Cert prep also involves hands-on experience in a particular field. Mentioning the superbadges and hands-on experience while building your resume and professional profile might not make you any different than others. But earning a Salesforce certification on top of superbadges and experience in real industry projects will set you apart from others.
The certification would help improve your options and demonstrate a personal desire to build your Salesforce career. The nature of the Salesforce Certification tests (at least the first-level Admin and Developer exams) is a lot of theory, concepts, and foundational knowledge of the Salesforce platform.
You can make the most impact in a Salesforce position with little to no experience if you can effectively interpret what you are asked to do in a Salesforce environment and know what needs to be done when approached for solutions. It requires intuition, skill, and experience beyond the technical background. And hence, certification will give you the required knowledge, confidence, and a deeper understanding of the working of the Salesforce ecosystem.
That being said, taking the time to earn your certification is well worth the expense of completing the exam when it comes to helping you start a career in Salesforce, but depending on your flexibility to relocate and the organization’s needs, it may not be necessary, either.
A Salesforce certification may not be necessary and adds value to your professional life and career but if you start your career in Salesforce, having a certification is the preferred first step. So, it would be helpful to know which Salesforce certification is the best to start a career in Salesforce.
The Best Salesforce Certification for Career Development
With the aid of the Salesforce official guide and a training course, you must always begin with obtaining the Salesforce Admin certification path as a novice. But the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certification is the best fit for you if you are passionate about programming and creating applications. Before taking the Salesforce Platform Developer exam, passing other certification exams like the Salesforce Admin and Platform App Builder would be beneficial.
Use Coupon Code BLOG20 to avail flat 20% discount on saasguru Programs.
Tips to prepare for the Salesforce Admin and Salesforce PD1 certification exam:-
- Trailhead has lessons and modules you need to learn Salesforce. Create a Trailhead account and finish all the modules to clear your basics of the Salesforce platform. To solve your doubts quickly, join the Trailhead community and try to solve doubts posted by others.
- Join an online training course and give as many practice exams as possible. To save time and money, go for Salesforce documentation like Salesforce workbooks. Salesforce provides a workbook in the form of a pdf for free.
- Explore the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 exam guide and the Salesforce Admin exam guide in detail and learn about the exam format, pattern, time allotted, and the types of questions asked in the exam.
- Build connections by becoming a part of the Trailblazer community and other communities like the saasguru Slack Community. It will help you in solving questions and stay updated.
Lastly, it is essential to remember that the Salesforce certification gives you an advantage but does not guarantee a job. To ensure that you are industry-ready and job-ready, combine your cert prep knowledge with practical knowledge by working on industry-based projects to understand the real-life product lifecycle.
If you are considering starting your Salesforce journey with a certification, you can do so by enrolling in a training course on saasguru and becoming a part of the saasguru Slack Community. You will have the support of accomplished professionals and fellow learners to answer your questions and be a part of your Salesforce journey. So why should you wait further? Sign up with saasguru, Now!