AWS is a cloud computing platform that provides various services to help you build and run applications that can be scaled as quickly as your business grows. It is a fast-growing cloud platform that allows companies to build, deploy, and operate scalable web applications.
If you want to expand your skills and make yourself more marketable or are just curious about the cloud and want to learn more, you might be interested in getting started with AWS.
AWS Certifications are the most in-demand skills in the tech industry. According to a survey, AWS is the number one skill globally, and it’s been consistently ranked among the top three skills for more than two years now.
There are many certifications available to help you get started with AWS. We shall discuss how to get started with AWS in 2022, along with which certificate is suitable for you.
What is Amazon Web Services?
AWS stands for Amazon Web Services. It is a set of cloud computing services that allow users to store and process data on the internet through a client-server model.
By doing so, users can access their stored applications and data from anywhere in the world they are located in. It offers a wide range of services and tools for application development, from infrastructure to analytics.
Prerequisites of AWS Certifications
Getting started with AWS is easy if you can understand the subject of cloud computing and its benefits. You also need to understand the different services offered by AWS and how they can be used in a business. Then, you need to know how to use these services and their features to make your business run smoothly.
The first step to getting started with AWS is to get certified. To be eligible for AWS certifications, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- You must have at least 3 years of experience working in a technical role. You may count time spent working as an intern towards this requirement.
- You must have a minimum bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- To become an AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Developer, you must understand software development, networking concepts, security concepts, and DevOps practices. You should also know cloud computing fundamentals (IaaS), such as virtualisation and storage management.
- Suppose you want to become an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer; you should have experience managing IT infrastructure for large organisations using cloud computing services like Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure.
Levels of AWS Certifications
AWS certifications are available at all levels: foundational, associate, professional, and expert.
Foundational Level Certifications:
Foundational level certifications are intended for absolute beginners in the AWS with just 6 months of experience. The only certification under this category is the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification.
Associate Level Certifications:
Associate level certifications focus on introductory knowledge of AWS products and services and can be completed in as little as two days of self-paced training.
Professional Level Certifications:
Professional level certifications focus on intermediate-level knowledge of AWS products and services and can be completed in as little as five days of self-paced training.
Expert Level Certifications:
Expert level certifications focus on advanced-level knowledge of specific AWS products or services. They can take up to one year or more to complete depending on the number of courses required for each certification level which varies by product or service.
Get Started With The AWS Certification Journey
AWS is a great place to start if you’re interested in working with the cloud. Here are some of the most popular career paths you can opt for:
- System Administration: This role involves configuring and maintaining virtual machines, databases, and storage services like S3 and EBS.
- DevOps Engineer: DevOps Engineers work on automation tools so that developers can spend more time focusing on building software instead of setting up servers.
- Network Engineer/Security Engineer: Network Engineers help run networks for organisations or customers by designing or implementing new networks or maintaining existing ones. Security Engineers are responsible for protecting data from unauthorised access.
- Cloud Architect: Cloud Architects plan cloud computing strategies for their organisation or client by conducting feasibility studies, designing architectures, and implementing solutions based on those designs.
Here are the AWS certifications for you:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Professional
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Professional
Online Training To Prepare For The Certification Exam
If you’re not familiar with AWS, it’s essential to prepare yourself for the certification exam with professional guidance. Your first step is finding a good course that will ensure your success in establishing yourself in the AWS universe. Proper training will help you understand how to work effectively on the AWS platform.
To get the most out of the AWS certification, you need to properly understand the platform, which is only possible through years of experience or through getting trained by a professional with years of experience. A training where AWS professionals join hands to prepare you to achieve your goal is the easiest way to flourish in this field.
AWS can be stressful at times when you are not able to crack its complex scenarios. However, an online course will be able to help figure out all of it without you having the need to step out of your room. You can get your queries answered conveniently and at your own pace.
If you are searching for an AWS cert preparation course that offers assistance to those just starting with AWS along with having the capability to train you when you upgrade yourself, then saasguru is the online training academy you need. We have courses designed for both AWS beginners and experts to crack the certification exam with an excellent percentile.
Online cert preparation training courses tend to be more flexible than classroom ones. We offer courses that are tailored specifically to your needs. Along with group sessions and recorded modules, we also provide 1:1 sessions for aspirants who need personal assistance.
We hope this blog on getting started with AWS in 2022 was helpful in understanding the subject well. If you have any further questions, please join our slack channel and get all your questions answered. We are sure you are going to succeed in cracking the AWS certification if you follow the right path. Best of luck with your future endeavors.
Use Coupon Code BLOG20 to avail flat 20% discount on saasguru Programs.