If you want a comprehensive understanding of the Salesforce platform and its opportunities, then the job profile of a Salesforce developer is the most suitable for you.
This guide will unwind the mystery behind a Salesforce developer’s multiple roles and responsibilities.
The field of Salesforce App Developer is specifically created for those whose world revolves around coding in multiple languages. The Salesforce developers create business processes and custom applications using various tools provided by Salesforce. They connect and collaborate with the Sales, assistance, and marketing team to make sure that they are fulfilling the customers’ needs.
So, the job of a Salesforce developer involves performing various tasks, and due to technical skills, it always remains higher in demand.
Who is a Salesforce Developer, and what does a Salesforce developer do?
Salesforce developers customize and manage the Salesforce platform by using three technologies:-
- Lightning Platform
Working as a Salesforce developer includes the following tasks:-
- Customization of the Salesforce platform
- Coming up with analytical and precise solutions
- Being able to understand and fulfill the client’s needs
- Solving problems using computer code
So, organizations demand Salesforce developers if the Salesforce implementation includes platform customization and database modeling.
Some other tasks performed by the Salesforce developers are the following:-
- Writing backend logic using Apex
- Integrating Salesforce with other systems
- Creating and handling customer communities
- Maintaining appexchange solutions
- Configuration of the CRM products
The junior-level Salesforce developers are responsible for assisting business users, handling the project documentation, working closely with the Salesforce admins, deploying code, initiating new projects, test cases, and user manuals, writing codes, and maintaining code quality.
On the other hand, the Salesforce developers with more than five years of experience have higher responsibilities and tasks to perform. It includes fulfilling the business requirements by meeting clients and analysts, creating the custom solutions using Salesforce functionality, heading the entire deployment process, handling post-deployment tasks, guiding junior developers, collaborating with the marketing and sales teams, etc.
If you want to start your career as a Salesforce developer, you must understand the three crucial certifications that you can obtain:-
- Salesforce Platform App Builder certification- The credential is for professionals who know how to use pre-built functions and APIs on Salesforce to design custom applications.
- Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certification- The certification is designed for those who have experience working with the Salesforce platform and knows how to implement programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform. Go through the exam guide for Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certification. The guide will help you decide on the right strategy for you.
- Salesforce Platform Developer 2 certification- This certification is created for individuals who have advanced programming skills using the lightning platform and also understand data modeling to come up with solutions for complex business problems.
So, to obtain these certifications, you need to prepare with an intelligent strategy and plan. You can follow the below-listed steps to start your learning journey for a Salesforce developer job.
- Learn and clear your basics of software development. You must know your way around Apex, SOQL, Visualforce, and Java.
- Join an online course and take the help of Trailhead modules as much as you can. Follow the official Salesforce guide and design some business apps once you complete your basics by following the Trailhead lessons.
- Improve and work on your soft skills such as troubleshooting, communication, and problem-solving skills. Theoretical knowledge and technical skills are essential. But soft skills are equally necessary for a Salesforce certification.
Besides, grow your network on the Trailhead community and LinkedIn to explore more about the Salesforce ecosystem.
To Sum Up
The job involves developing innovative, evolving, and unique solutions for the Salesforce platform. As a Salesforce developer, you get a chance to work on the most advanced technology, and as you gain more experience, you get an opportunity to negotiate a higher salary. So, if you are thinking about starting your career as a Salesforce developer, take the next crucial step by enrolling in the saasguru Salesforce Developer Training Program and getting certified.